Are you planning a trip via the Bagdora airport in West Bengal? Let me help you with some basic information regarding the airport:
- Via the Bagdogra airport, you can go to Darjeeling, Kalimpong, the Dooars, Gangtok in India and Bhutan too.
- Although a small-sized airport, most airlines in India have flights connecting Bagdogra.
- They have a Pre-Paid Taxi counter that caters to passengers going to Siliguri as well as tourist headed to the above-mentioned hills.
- Sikkim Tourism runs a helicopter service from here which is INR 2500 upwards per person for one-way to Gangtok (Check photo for the exact rates)
- One very basic Snacks counter caters to both the Arrival and Departure passengers.
- Washrooms aren’t serviced frequently. And hence, you can imagine the state.
- The moment you drive out of the Bagdogra airport and head towards city, you find a tea-garden on your right hand side. And thus the romance begins. The road is very good, with flowering trees lining bot side of the road.